Daylee Public House - Simply Irresistible Catering

Daylee Public House - Simply Irresistible Catering

Postby Tom Hekkers » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:00 am

From The FREEMAN:

Home-cooked meals with a ‘world of flavors’ Simply Irresistible caters to the full palate

By Josh Perttunen

Freeman Staff

WAUKESHA – Chef and business owner Megan Day opened Simply Irresistible Catering in downtown Waukesha this past March with two goals in mind.

She wanted an outlet to express her culinary creativity – working with customers to design menus to their exact specifications – while being a go-to provider for take-and-bake meals as well.

Her question for the latter service was: “Where else would those with busy schedules go when they lacked the time and energy to put together a homecooked meal on their own?”

“Customers can pick up a take-and-bake meal when it’s convenient for them,” Day said. “And it can stay in the freezer for a day when it becomes inconvenient for them ... for a day that gets away from them, where they just don’t have the time to cook.”

Her frozen meals range in portion sizes, able to feed anywhere from two people to eight, and in flavors. Day, a graduate of Waukesha County Technical College’s culinary program, said she likes to be creative in the kitchen. Her earliest memory of cooking was of “making a mess in mom’s kitchen,” where she loaded everything to the hilt with garlic powder.

She’s come a long way since then, she said, and is now versed in a world of flavors – combining her family traditions with the skills picked up at WCTC and as a certified chef.

“A lot of meals are my interpretations of my mom’s recipes,” Day said. “For example, I stuffed the meatballs with mozzarella and added barbecue sauce and bacon to the meat loaf.”

Ready-made comfort meals stay in the freezer, where a customer can walk in and grab one on the go, discussing the ingredients with Day herself – who is not only the owner and chef, but also the friendly face behind the counter, the dishwasher and custodian.

The catering portion of the business also serves a wide range of needs, Day said, from simple family dinners to picnics to weddings.

“I’m working on a Jamaican birthday party right now,” she said.

Working with the customer to craft something creative and memorable is the most enjoyable part of catering, she added.

“Sometimes with a larger catering service, a customer is just picking items from a list. I can work with a customer to create exactly what they want.” At the end of the day, Day said, a good chef has to be open to feedback, whether it is positive or negative.

“Everyone has different tastes and you have to account for that,” she said. During Freeman Friday Night Live, Simply Irresistible Catering will offer samples of its fare, ranging from shrimp cocktails to bruschetta to sliders.
Tom Hekkers
Site Admin

Re: Simply Irresistible!

Postby Red Fang » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Glad to hear she's doing well with the business. Most of the "take and bake" meal places that were franchises have all gone under in the past decade, but perhaps they just lacked the personal touch that Simply Irresistable has!
Red Fang

Postby From the News » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:09 pm

From the News

Postby From the News » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:22 am

From gmtoday:

Simply Irresistible Catering moving, adding restaurant

"Simply Irresistible Catering will be locating to a new location with an outdoor patio during the first quarter of 2016 — and adding restaurant operations."

453 W. Main.jpg
453 W. Main.jpg (100.69 KiB) Viewed 1743 times

From WaukeshaNOW:

Pizza maker and caterer prep new spaces in downtown Waukesha
From the News

Postby Tom Hekkers » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:38 am

The Daylee Public House & Simply Irresistible Catering scheduled to open May 1, 2016
Attachments
Daily Public House.JPG
Daily Public House.JPG (141.36 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
Tom Hekkers
Site Admin

Re: Daylee Public House - Simply Irresistible Catering

Postby Victoria » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:12 am

Awfully quiet over at Simply Irresistible this winter. We miss seeing them sweeping, cleaning and tending to their planter barrels.
Victoria
Site Admin

Postby Mary » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:44 am

They've done so much to the place and it looks adorable, but they don't seem to have a fleshed out business plan. They close early all the time, the theme isn't really consistent...it just doesn't click. But then I thought Crest was going to stay successful so what do I know!
Mary

Postby Victoria » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:53 pm

There is a sign on their door today that says they are closed for the Holiday's.

Huh? A bar that is closed on New Year's Eve?
Victoria
Site Admin

Postby Victoria » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:04 pm

I just heard from one of the owners of Daylee's..

They indicated that they are dealing with some personal issues right now but have expansion plans for the new year. They love Waukesha and "aren't going anywhere".

They encourage everyone to "come on in" and enjoy their new menu in 2017.
Victoria
Site Admin

Postby foodfunwaukesha » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:37 pm

Daylee's just started serving lunch. There will be a soup and salad everyday in addition to a build your own grilled cheese and tomato soup option. The bar snacks will be offered as well. I was in last Friday for bar snacks and had the spinach & artichoke pizza puffs - so good, and no one else in town has anything like it. My mom had the Mexi-rolls and friend had the buffalo egg rolls and we all loved it!
foodfunwaukesha

Postby Victoria » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Heard some folks really enjoyed the food and beverages at Daylee's Public House on St. Patty's Day. It seemed they had a steady stream of customers all day Friday and Saturday.

Way to Go, Daylee's!
Victoria
Site Admin

Postby Victoria » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:58 pm

Sorry to hear that Megan Day, took a nasty spill today.

Here's to a speedy recovery!!
Victoria
Site Admin

Return to Restaurants